- Dr. Mark Goodacre has been working on the CNN series: Finding Jesus: Faith, Fact, Forgery. Check out the New... fb.me/3iICMa5VL 2 hours ago
- TODAY: MA Conference, don't miss out on great classes and discussion. You can find the schedule here:... fb.me/1Y5z4VR8r 6 hours ago
- Where's the national media?? A man is DEAD. Others critically wounded. A CLEAR hate... ln.is/EcKlK by #qmanpvd via @c0nvey 16 hours ago
- Foreign Policy
- Ghadafi; Qaddafi
- Islam & Democracy
- Islam in America
- Islamic Law/Ethics
- Islamic studies scholarship
- Middle East
- middle east
- Muslim Ethics
- South Africa
- South Asia
- US Politics
- Follow DIHLIZ: The Spaces In-Between on WordPress.com
Professor of Islamic Studies, University of Notre Dame, United State of America
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Islam & Democracy
Diffused Congruence: The American Muslim Experience.
Then they came for the right thinking people of Egypt, and there was no one left to speak for what is “right,” for “thinking,” and for the “people.” Continue reading
President Mohammad Morsi of Egypt should scrap his tough guy image and appetite for power grabs. In canceling the decree that gave him sweeping powers, he took a step in the right direction tonight. But he is not out of … Continue reading
“… I will say this even if they ostensibly defend their innocence in claiming that such moves to repeal the blasphemy laws was a ‘conspiracy conducted by the enemies of Islam’.” Mawlana Ammar Khan Nasir, editor of al-Sharia, Gujranwala, Pakistan Continue reading
Duke Faculty ‘Live Tweet’ Obama’s State of the Union Speech | Duke Today.
Hizbullah’s part in Gaddafi’s downfall.
The Obama administration seems to have signed off on the execution of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen who fled to Yemen from where he mobilized terrorists in order to attack America. A few months ago, Osama bin Laden, arch-terrorist master-mind … Continue reading
My interview with WRAL on the Egypt Crisis My interview at Duke University on Islam and Democracy
Duke Students, want to know about Muslim institutions of learning such as mosque-universities, scholars who wrote books on law, theology, history and philosophy? Want to know more about what happens inside the madrasas of South Asia and what are their … Continue reading
Evangelical Islamophobia as American as Apple Pie | Politics | Religion Dispatches.